Hiring - 2nd Shift/3rd shift - Crisis Line Advocate
Work Site: Racine County
PO Box 1764
RACINE, WI 53401
On Bus Route? Yes
Pay: $12.00 Per Hour to $12.25 Per Hour
Duration/Usual Hours Per Week: Full-Time/Part-Time, 24 to 32 Hours Per Week
3rd shift coverage on weekends is mandatory, 2nd shift fill in
Shift/Work Days: Second, Third Shift.
Monday through Sunday.
Number of Openings: 1
Minimum Requirements of Employer:
Education: High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
Preferred experience in advocacy setting or seeking higher education in the human services fields
Professional Licenses / Certifications: No Licenses or Certifications Requested
Vehicle: No Vehicle Requested
Type: No Drivers License Requested
Endorsements: No Endorsement Requested
Age: No Age Requested
Experience / Qualifications: No Experience/Qualifications Requested
Background check required. Notice for Job Seekers
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
Assist in providing client services in a wide variety of fields, such as psychology, rehabilitation, or social work, including support for families. May assist clients in identifying and obtaining available benefits and social and community services. May assist social workers with developing, organizing, and conducting programs to prevent and resolve problems relevant to substance abuse, human relationships, rehabilitation, or dependent care.
• Advise clients regarding food stamps, child care, food, money management, sanitation, or housekeeping.
• Assist clients with preparation of forms, such as tax or rent forms.
• Assist in locating housing for displaced individuals.
• Assist in planning food budgets, using charts or sample budgets.
• Consult with supervisor concerning programs for individual families.
• Explain rules established by owner or management, such as sanitation or maintenance requirements or parking regulations.
• Inform tenants of facilities, such as laundries or playgrounds.
• Interview individuals or family members to compile information on social, educational, criminal, institutional, or drug history.
• Keep records or prepare reports for owner or management concerning visits with clients.
• Observe and discuss meal preparation and suggest alternate methods of food preparation.
• Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Leave and Holidays: Sick Leave, Personal Leave, Vacation, Paid Holidays
Domestic Violence Shelter providing encouragement, compassion, stability, and emergency housing assistance for women and their children.
How To Apply:
E-Mail a Résumé To apply for this job, send your resume or Job Center of Wisconsin Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't have a resume, you can register and create one at Job Center
PO Box 1764, Racine, Wi 53401
Business Line: 262-633-3274x106
Text line: 262-221-0058
Crisis Line: 262-633-3233